What can my child eat at school?
- Breakfast club is open to all pupils. Breakfast will be served from 7.45am until 8.15 each day with the last entry at 8.30. There will be a continental breakfast served each day with a daily hot item. Children are encouraged to help themselves with staff on hand to help younger children. Price is £1 per day.
- Milk is provided to all reception children free of charge. The children in the rest of the school have access to water throughout the day.
- All Reception and key stage one children receive free fruit as their break time snack.Toast is available to children in years 1 to 6 for £1 a week. This should be paid on Mondays.There is a healthy tuck shop in the with all items at 20p.
- Meals are cooked in our own kitchens. There is a choice of items for each course. Meals have been carefully planned and prepared for nutritional value. The cost is £2.05 per day (£10.25 per week). Dinner money is collected by the office staff on a Monday morning, it assists the office if it is put in an envelope marked clearly with your child’s name.
- All children in Reception and KS1 classes can get school dinners for FREE.
- Children from families in receipt of Income Support or Income-based Job Seekers
- Allowance are eligible for free school meals. Application forms are available from the library near the top shops.
- As a school we encourage our young people to be healthy. We ask families to think carefully about what is given to their child in their packed lunches. We do not encourage sugary drinks or sweets to be included. We are able to provide advice on healthy lunches to parents, just ask at the office.