Use of iPads and Laptops
Laptops, iPads and other hardware
iPads and laptops remain the property of Westmorland and are for use only by staff and pupils in your class. They should not be loaned to other adults and children.
- As iPads and laptops are often used to store images of children, you must comply with high standards of data protection.
- iPads and laptops left in school must be locked away in the Computer suite or in Wendy’s safe overnight.
- Loss/damage should be reported as soon as possible to Wendy Hill. iPads should have the “Find my iPad” feature left on so that iPads may be recovered if lost or stolen. Damaged devices will have their memory wiped to protect data. Lost devices may be remotely locked and rendered unusable.
- iPads and laptops should be used with school appropriate apps and programs. Facebook, Twitter and other social networking apps should not be downloaded onto school iPads. Non-educational apps such as property buying apps, driving test apps, shopping apps etc should not be downloaded either.
- iPads and laptops should be returned during periods of prolonged absence so they can still provide benefits for and impact on your class. If you leave the employment of school, iPads and laptops should be returned to Wendy Hill ready to pass on to replacement staff.
- iPads will be checked annually for safety reasons and to check compliance with school policies. Outcomes will be reported to the Headteacher.
- iPads are to be used with school login details not personal accounts.
- Photos should be deleted regularly from the photo stream.
- Apps for the iPads can be downloaded individually by a member of staff or for all by AVA.
- There is an apps request sheet on the Shared Area to request apps to be downloaded.
- iPads should not be used to store personal videos and images.
Please remember these items are loaned for school use and are designed to enhance classroom practice. They are not meant for personal use.