4th November 2020
I write to say a massive thank you for your COVID response over the holiday. Several families phoned me to ask for COVID advice and keep the school in the loop. That was very much appreciated and meant that we, as a school, were fully informed and able to open as safely as possible this term.
In light of the Government announcements over the last few days, and knowing that the outbreak is more prevalent within the Stockport community right now, we have adjusted the school risk assessment and tightened our procedures further in order to keep the children, yourselves and the staff team as safe as we possibly can.
As you are aware with Lockdown 2 commencing tomorrow, all schools will continue to stay open to children unless bubbles close. In order to keep bubbles open we need you to continue to play your part:
• Keeping us informed of if you have been told to take a test if you or someone in your household are showing symptoms
• Keeping your child off school if you or someone in your household have had a test until the test result is known
• Letting the school see copies of test results
• Wear a mask when you come to site help protect everyone on the yard
• Ringing school where possible rather than face to face contact at the office
If the school has to close further bubbles we will inform you immediately, please make sure that the school has your latest phone numbers. In the event of a bubble closure you must…
• Collect your child immediately
• Make sure that the child from the closed bubble stays inside the house for the set amount of days, other family members can carry on as normal unless the child presents symptoms then the whole family must isolate
• Make sure that your child completes the work set by the teacher on SEESAW
• Let the school know of any developments and most importantly…
If you need help from us whilst isolating please don’t hesitate to ask… drop me an email and I’m sure we will be able to help.
Please also remember, we as a school don’t make the rules up, we are just commissioned to keep everyone as safe as we can and to respond to Governmental and medical instruction. Times are hard right now for us all but working together and with true Brinnington resolve I am sure we will come through this.
Kind regards and thanks for your continued support